People in Prince William County have a new option for organic food. MOM’s Organic Market officially opened September 2015 in Prince William Square on Smoketown Road.
MOM’s is known for their commitment to sustainability and their large selection of 100% organic produce. Their stated purpose is to protect and restore the environment.
The store has free car charging stations and is a recycling drop-off point for wine corks, CFL bulbs, eye glasses, plastic bags, household batteries, electronics, and even shoes.
What you won’t find at MOM’s are:
- Artificial colors, preservatives or sweeteners
- Hydrogenated oil or partially hydrogenated oil
- Antibiotics or growth hormones in meat or dairy
- Bleached or bromated flour
- Sulfites added in bulk dried fruit
- Nitrates or nitrites in meat
You can find more of the store’s “banned ingredients” on the ingredients standards page of their website.
MOM’s is based in Rockville, Maryland and currently operates three stores in Virginia. The Woodbridge store will be the fourth.
The store offers a unique Green Benefits program to employees after one year of full-time employment.
Employee Green Benefits include:
- A green home starter kit with a programmable thermostat, clothesline, LED light bulbs and a tap water filter.
- 20% subsidy for Energy Star appliances, electric lawn mowers, and in-line water filters.
- 15% subsidy towards the purchase of a hybrid vehicle (up to $3,000) or electric car (up to $5,000).
- A generous discount at all MOM’s locations.
Welcome to Prince William County, MOM’s! We’re glad you’re here.