These make great little appetizers and are a fun way to use up squash from your garden or from the farmers market.
- 1 summer squash
- 1 c. shredded cheese (Parmigiano Reggiano gives a nice texture)
- 3 T. fresh herbs — we used parsley, rosemary, chives, and a little sage
- 1/8 c. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the summer squash lengthwise into pieces about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the squash on the lined baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Snip the herbs with a kitchen shears and sprinkle on top of the squash. Cover the top of each piece with shredded cheese.
- Add a few more herbs and give them a quick brush with the oil. Otherwise the herbs can easily burn.
- Bake about twenty minutes, keeping an eye on your appetizers so they don’t get too brown.